COPD is a group of lung diseases that make it harder to breathe. It has been estimated that 14% of seniors ages 65 or older have COPD.
Which patients would benefit from In-Home Care?
- Patients with a new diagnosis of COPD who have exacerbations which require Urgent Visits
- Patients who are not managing their COPD well at home and could benefit from additional support
- Patients who experience anxiety related to their COPD
Services Provided by Non Medical – In-Home Support Caregivers
- ADL assistance
- Meal prep to achieve caloric intake goals
- Motivational exercise for Home Exercise Program
- Medication reminders
- Oxygen Tubing management
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Oxygen saturation recording and reporting
- Home safety and supervision
Benefits to referring to Non Medical – In-Home Care
- Managing the COPD disease process at home, reducing the need for ER or urgent visits
- Reducing the risk of falls in patients or clients who are unsteady in their gait
- Helping implement a treatment plan created by a medical professional
- Increasing adherence to the treatment plan
Call Queen City Elder Care today to discover how In-Home Care can increase adherence to your plan of care. (513) 510-4410
If you or an aging loved one is considering hiring In-Home Care Services in Indian Hill OH, please contact the caring staff at Queen City Elder Care today. Serving Cincinnati and Surrounding Communities. Call Us Today (513) 510-4410.
- Should I Purchase a Medical Alert System for My Aging Loved One? - November 20, 2020
- How Can In-Home Care Help Older Adults Who Are Alone During the Holidays? - November 18, 2020
- How Seniors Should Prepare for Flu Season - November 6, 2020